Monday, January 20, 2014

Life Lessons

Every now and then in my house we will be minding our own business. Then Dad will walk by and say "come here I gotta show you this" or "I have something to teach you." Well, today was an in depth look into how to fix a toilet. Nothing you want to know but something you need to know. 


I also saw Her today. Real good. Here is my rundown on Oscar Best Picture runners so far:

12 Years a Slave: Amazing. Tough. Great story, kept me engaged the whole time. Great acting. So far its my bet for taking the Oscar (its also the one I want to take the Oscar so far).
Her: Very creative. Not the social commentary I thought it would be, but after seeing it I realized thats not what it was about. Great writing and great acting.
Gravity: The effects were stunning. I'm still mad I didn't see it in 3D. The story was only so-so. Bonus points for you if you catch the "rebirth" metaphor that runs through the movie.
Dallas Buyers Club: Haven't seen it. (It's next on my list).
American Hustle: The acting was outstanding. Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence were phenomenal. The story was slow, especially in the middle. Loved the costumes. 
Nebraska: Haven't seen it.
Philomena: Haven't seen it.
Captain Phillips: Super stoked for Barkhad Abdi for all the nominations he is getting. The movie was well done. Didn't really like it. The end makes you feel all icky. (At least it did for me).
Wolf of Wall Street: So. Long. Good writing. Interesting story. Something I didn't really know happened/is happening. It was a good look into Wall Street (especially back then). The swearing, drugs, sex got excessive. But overall I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment