Saturday, November 23, 2013

Born and Raised

Let the weekend of concerts continue! 

Tonight I met up with my friend CD downtown where we then walked to Pizza Luce to catch up since we haven't seen each other in a while. After we walked over to the Target Center to prepare ourselves for JOHN MAYER and Phillip Phillips, who opened. Phil Phil was way better than I thought he would be live, he is very similar to Mayer in the way he performs. Lots of guitar riffs. Awesome vocals. Mayer was way better than I could have hoped. I figured he be all "crabby, obnoxious, I'm too good for all of you" John Mayer. But he wasn't that at all. He played well. Sang well. Had a super cool set. And then ran credits at the end to give everyone who worked on his tour recognition. I was impressed. I'll definitely be seeing him again.

I do wish I got to see him in his early days when he played more of the songs I loved (ie. Clarity, 3x5,  all those older ones).



No comments:

Post a Comment