Thursday, May 2, 2013

Life Sounds Like.

ICE OUT!

It happened today. Finally. 42 days later than when ice out happened last year. I was lucky enough to be home to walk around Excelsior today and enjoy the sound of water again, regardless of how cold it was. I even saw a few boats out on the lake, clearly everyone was ready for it to happen.


The reason I ventured back to Tonka Town was to take pictures of the following gems. Had a blast. It's always amusing to watch other siblings from an outside standpoint. It makes me wonder how people view my brother and I when we are together cause we are, well, it's always an adventure to say the least. So we took some photos at Centennial Lakes, went to dinner at P.F. Chang's, then went back and watched last nights Nashville. It was all exactly what I needed today. Fun, sun (kinda), and open water. 


Also, HUGE shout out to Sara Jayne Photography for letting me borrow her camera, lens, card, flash, and backpack of photo goodness for taking pictures today. I worked for Sara a few summers ago and for a J-Term and loved it. She is an amazing photographer so--shameless plug--if you ever need a photog call on her. Check out her work on her Facebook or her Website!

Last thing, the title for today comes from this song. It was on repeat on my drive to the cities this afternoon. You just can't help but smile when you listen to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment