Friday, August 9, 2013

Rice to Royalton

After an awesome afternoon cruising Lake Minnetonka for our end of summer intern social I took off for the cabin. I took the back roads to Highway 10 so I wouldn't hit the mess that is 494/94 North during Friday traffic. So, it was smooth sailing the whole way up. Or so I thought. Traffic slowed WAY down once I got to Rice and I had no clue why. A 10-20 minute drive from Rice to Royalton took me almost an hour. Why you may ask? This happened....


A huge building was burning down! Probably all of the Royalton Fire Department was there. The fire was mostly contained by the time I drove by but they were still shooting it with water as I slowly passed. This was the best picture I could get without running off the road. I have never encountered anything like that before. Hopefully the damage wasn't too awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment