Friday, October 11, 2013

Gatsby? What Gatsby...

Classic Friday night during Oscar season for me. Made it through a day of work (my boss told me go to home a half hour early... I just love my boss) and met SF at the theatre to see Rush. I was surprised at how much I liked it, especially the ending. I thought it was well done. They did a cool job mixing footage of the actors and footage of the real people. I hope it makes it up for some Oscar. Then, on my way home, I stopped and picked up The Great Gatsby from Redbox, which I had yet to see. So then sat and watched that. 

I didn't expect much since it got such poor reviews but I ended up really liking it. I've always been a fan of Baz, the director, and his movies (ie. Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge) and this one followed suit. He's quite creative artistically, the more you watch his movies the more you can pick out the things that give it that "Baz" feel. He is also a genius when it comes to soundtracks. I don't know how he does it, but they are always phenomenal. 

Here is a boring picture.


I hope this song wins an Oscar. Or is at least nominated for it. I'm obsessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment